Sometimes I become so overwhelmed with thankfulness. There are always lots of things in life to complain about, but learning to choose joy has become so essential to me lately. I am completely worn out from camp and tons of other things these past few weeks, but that doesn't matter. I'm just thankful I have another day to breathe and live in grace. Here's a few snapshots from instagram lately and some things (silly & serious) that I'm thankful for these days!
1. Dry shampoo - I know I've confessed my love for it several times on twitter, but it's been a while. "The dirtier the better" is my motto these days. SEVEN DAYS...and that is all I have to say. :)
2. Grace - I have been so overwhelmed by God's grace lately. It's unwavering even though I fail. On Friday I had 2 chances to share Jesus will people I ran into on my way home from camp. I was able to engage complete strangers in conversation, but never pulled it around to Jesus. I choked up. I fail time and time again, but His grace is ever constant. He picks me back up and lovingly leads me down His path once more. The deeper realization of His grace is reshaping my heart. It's changing me in ways I can't even describe. God is good you guys. He is so good.
3. Painting - Most of you probably don't know that I took art lessons while growing up. Mrs. Gooch was an amazing teacher and is responsible for helping me find my artistic eye. She even inspired me to teach a little class of my own in high school! It was one of my first little adventures as an entrepreneur. I have no doubt that she's the one I owe for many things that are instinctive to me now. I hadn't really picked up a brush since my early college days, but I was inspired to get back into painting a few months ago. It's so rejuvenating to dabble in another artistic field again!
4. Travel - I've been doing a lot lately! It gets tiring, but I am so thankful for it. I've always loved exploring new places. I sure am getting my fill! Oxford Mississippi is my most recent favorite!
5. Working with Kathryn Duckett - Just so you know, this girl is rocking my world. We're working on a little project to spiffy things up around here and I'm just BLOW AWAY by what she'd done thus far. All I can say is, wait until you see it!
6. Youth camp - Man, we had such a fantastic time serving Jesus in Atlanta last week. God wrecked my heart over so many things. (More to come on that later!) I'm so thankful for the privilege of being a part of our church. Connecting with the people of God is important. We are stronger together. By God's grace I'll be rearranging some things in order to be more active in what God is doing at Ridgecrest. My priorities should be God, husband/family/loved ones, His Church, then my business. Keeping it straight is hard, but worth it.
7. My sweet clients - You guys bless me, truly. I'm not a perfect person or businesswoman. Being your own boss is really hard sometimes. All the tough calls, scheduling decisions, workload, time management, paperwork, budgeting, etc...it all falls on me. Honestly, having this little business is the hardest and most humbling thing I've ever done. YOU GUYS make it worth it. I'm just an imperfect person enthralled by beautiful people that God has created. You all are so special to me and have a big place in my heart, just know that. I am blessed by your words of encouragement and love for one another. I'm so thankful for all of you.
8. Coffee & fries - I had to say it because it's true. As much as I love to eat healthy, sometimes you just have to give in. I think traveling so much has made the addiction worse! McDonald's fries, I will love you forever. Please don't be bad to me! :)
9. Medium format film - What? Film? YES! I had one of the security guys in the airport stop me when he saw all the film I packed in my bag. He said, "I'm glad you young whipper-snappers finally figured out that film will always be better than digital." Yes cute old man, I have seen the light and boy it is beautiful. I think I'm in love. I'm finally getting the look I want from my work. Now I just have to figure out how to move forward with it! Right now I'm mixing a lithe bit of both, but if you're up for an all-film shoot, CALL ME! No seriously, shoot me an email and we'll chat! :)
10. My hubby & sister - These two amazing people are the closest to me. Things have been nuts this summer and I haven't always been the best wife or sister. I'm so thankful for their patience and graciousness with me, even when I don't deserve it. They are my constant support and encouragement and I honestly don't know what I would do without them. Of course, they aren't the only ones. They've just been so helpful and understanding as I've waded through the craziness that has been my life lately. The word LOVE doesn't adequately express what I feel for you two. I will never repay your kindness to me.
That's about it folks! We are headed on vacation soon, so yeah, I suppose I'm rather thankful for that too! I hope you have a great week! What are you guys thankful for today?